Results!

Walking into his appointment I was so nervous. At least this time I didn't Google too much. I knew that babies who have Hip Dysplasia wear a brace full time for 6 weeks and part time for another 6 weeks. I didn't know the odds but I knew that babies who are breech have a high risk of having it.

We got there really early. We checked in and we were still 30 minutes out from our appointment time. There was no one else in the waiting room. It was so quiet. Within a couple of minutes a super nice lady came back to take us to get an X-ray. That was something we weren't expecting. We thought it was just an ultrasound. They said it helps having both. While it was scary, I would rather have them get the best read on whatever the results would be.

Kyle wasn't in the room for when they did the X-ray. It wasn't painful for him or anything but he wasn't thrilled about laying and having his legs completely straight. He screamed but it was so quick. Right after that we went to the ultrasound room. A couple of minutes later the doctor came in and the ultrasound started. I didn't look at the screen at all. I had no idea what to look for. I didn't want to scare myself by looking at something so foreign.

The left hip looked great. Then the right hip. It looked great too! He didn't have Hip Dysplasia. Kellan was happy...he pooped on the doctor. haha He said it happens a lot. I mean, they can't have a diaper on when they do it and babies are pretty unpredictable.

I am so happy. The doctor was so nice. Kyle said after having Dr. Wagner we are owed a lifetime of great doctors. No kidding! We really do!!! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment